Wednesday, July 30

Hidden Within the Shadow of New Horizons

Long time no talk from me. Much has happened to me in the past 8 weeks, and it has greatly affected the rest of my life. Small things that happened snowballed into something bigger than i had anticipated. But now everything has changed.

Who knows what i am currently studying? Pharmacy? Well, today, i officially deferred from pharmacy for 6 months, with no intention of continuing to study the course. Yep, you heard me correctly, i am officially a pharmacy drop-out. Ouch, that's harsh on the ears....

My lack of passion to force myself to study for another 3 years opposed my plan to continue pharmacy.

So what to do now?

I don't study anymore, which then allows my time to be spent playing guitar hero, pokemon on DS, chatting on MSN and like many others, sell myself on facebook.

But for what?
To test my ability: staring at an LCD screen for 8 hours straight?
To befriend every known monster called pokemon?
To add as many people as possible just so i can look at the number of friends i have?

All this seems so insignificant now. I don't touch the Wii/DS too often, i hardly go on facebook, and if i'm on MSN, i'm appering offline. I do however spend most of my time now at timezone.

Am i becoming one of the timezone regulars, spending my cash on games to let time fly pass me? Is reality too harsh that i have decided to run to my happy place, with my pokemon?
I used to think the TZ regulars were drones, with no lives. Yes, it is inevitable that i will now join that horde.

If you see an asian man, with scruffy hair, bags on his eyes and the distinct blue TZ shirt, tell him- tell him you care

No comments: