Thursday, August 7

Life On The Other Side

I received a letter in the mail today. Bachelor of Pharmacy - withdrawn early...

This must be the second week without uni; without homework, without lectures, without friends... As a drop-out, my life consists of sleeping in, eat, work. An endless cycle, and for what? For money? To feel i've contributed to society? To wake up to another day of work?

No, nothing of such obscurity. It's to build a foundation for my abounding future.

Sounds like a typical drop-out rambling on about his pipedream. "I see myself as a famous singer hitting the Top 10 hits within the next 2 years".

My bad for playing the drama queen, in the previous post especially. I was exploring different horizons in writing techniques. An Emo style was quite suitable for the subject at matter.
My apologies.

But truth is, i'm not depressed one bit. I do miss my friends in pharmacy, but i can't see myself dealing drugs for the rest of my life. This was my decision, and my path has been redirected to chiropractics - living to find a cure without drugs.

Although it is not everything in my life, i've been spending a lot of my time working at Timezone Northbridge. And i took a step further to challenge one of my superiors by applying for the position Assistant Manager. Oh gosh, he won't like that. It'll be pretty cold when he takes me home....

My life is not in a complete mess. Apart from my constantly changing sleeping patterns, combined with my shifts to work, and my recent entrance to Timezone politics, i'm increasingly reaching a point of destruction. But this is subsided by light reading of a book and the Word each night. To have a moment of peace after a chaotic day, week - priceless.

No comments: